The Big Hungry Ryback Feeds off Comparisons to Bill Goldberg

courtesy: business2community.com
Go ahead and make those comparisons between current WWE star Ryback and former wrestling great Bill Goldberg.

You will not offend the Big Hungry at all.

According to Benjamin Leatherman of the Phoenix New Times, Ryback welcomes the shouts of Goldberg’s name whenever he is in the ring. It gives him more motivation to prove his mettle:

He has his loyal followers, so when somebody sees somebody that, "Oh, this guy kinda reminds me of him," their first initial response is, "Oh, this guy's a rip-off," whether he is or he isn't. So I understood that part of it going in that I might get some comparisons, but I knew over time that I just gotta keep being me and that people will eventually, hopefully become loyal to me and followers of Ryback. And I will set myself apart from Bill Goldberg.

Goldberg only wrestled for seven years, but he made his mark in a short time. He’s best known for his 173-match undefeated streak in WCW and for being recognized by WWE as the first undefeated world champion in wrestling history.

Ryback’s muscular build and bald head have sparked comparisons to Goldberg among the WWE Universe.

Ryback said in the interview that he has never met Goldberg, but he is a fan of his fellow big man. He added that he looks forward to eventually besting Goldberg’s achievements in wrestling:

He was a huge draw and hopefully I can be as big if not bigger of a draw as he was in his prime. It motivates me and I look forward to outdoing him in any way possible. It's never been a negative thing in my mind.

Also during the interview, Ryback said he plans to steal the show at WWE Royal Rumble 2013 on Jan. 27 in Phoenix. He is expected to be a part of the 30-man Rumble match:

I don't see any reason why I can't. I work very hard at this, I put in a lot of time thinking about this, and I'm going into that [wanting] to outdo everybody. 

Ryback told the newspaper he “has a few ideas floating around in my head” about how he plans to steal the Royal Rumble show. But he is not tipping his hand.

source: bleacherreport.com

Total Pageviews

Twitter

Disclaimer

We do not host any of the videos here. We only provide links to videos/embed videos. Those videos come directly from third party video hosting sites such as Dailymotion, YouTube, Cloudy, Movreel, and various other third party video hosting sites. Contact those sites for any video removals.

This website is NOT hosting any of the videos you see. Therefore, we are not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites. If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners/host sites. These videos are publicly available and you can contact the appropriate sites for removal.